Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day 55 - February 24, 2010


I have a hard time dedicating a time in my day to write. I tend to write when the mood strikes me, and it strikes sporadically. So in order to kick myself into gear, I've decided to turn to a book I came across a couple weeks ago entitle The Weekend Novelist. A more appropriate title for me would be The Weekend Short Story Writer, but I'll take what I can get. In reading through the overview, I was surprised to see how much of the work I had intuitively touched upon- a.k.a. character studies, backgrounds, laying out of scenes- but I will follow the timeline set out by the book as best as I can. My hope is to begin this week. If not, I'll start next week being that it's the first week in March, and the beginning of a new month seems like a logical place to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment