Saturday, January 16, 2010

Day 16 - January 16, 2010

One Day. Can one day have such a profound effect on someone that it redirects the entire course of their lives? That it completely changes their perspective on life, and all they thought it could be? Over one year ago, I had a day that had a profound effect on me regarding someone else, and I can't help but think that it had just as profound an effect on him, but there's no way to know for sure. We have a hundred miles between us, and although our paths intersected for a while, it seems we have pursued separate courses in our lives. There's no way for me to find out aside from coming out and asking him, but I'm afraid of finding out that it was just another day for him, that it didn't matter to him, that I don't matter to him because it's happened before. I don't want to let the past dictate my present, but the events of the past have caused me to question my own judgment when it comes to men. I hate that, after I feel I've truly found someone I connect with, I'm hesitant to let him know how I feel because of being hurt by someone who wasn't the right person for me. Those wounds are still tender. Why would I want to create new ones?

One day affected my life more than so many others that have come and gone in a blur. I can only hope it touched him as well. Perhaps, one day is all we'll have. That's more than some. I'm comforted by the thought that it's not the quantity of time you may spend together, but the quality of time you spend together.

No comments:

Post a Comment