Sunday, January 3, 2010

Day 3 - January 3, 2010

It amazes me how little time I spend being aware or receptive of my environment. An expressed effort has to be made to find time in my day to just sit and absorb life.  What do I find inspiring? I am inspired by ideas, by the beauty of nature, and by the elegant expression of others' creativity. My own creativity is stiffled. It has been for a while. I'm hoping this blog will change that.




Two items of note:




I came across the image on the left while browsing online, and I loved the presentation of these iconic buildings on one sheet of paper, the majority of which are highly recognizable.  I thought it would be interesting to produce an updated version of this poster using the tallest buildings/structures of today.










The second set of images I came across are a graphic designer's (Michael Beiruit) set of 85 notebooks that span a quarter of a century. It got me thinking of the journals I've amassed over the years. I've kept a journal since high school. Although my collection of journals is not as uniform as his, I wonder how many journals I have altogether. I might photograph them as well, as a record of sorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment