Thursday, January 7, 2010

Day 7 - January 7, 2010

In listening to the Not So Big Life audiobook in the car today, a phrase in the book struck a chord with me- Follow the Synchronicity. I tend to have a preset picture in my mind of how things will turn out in my life, but rarely do things work out the way I imagine them. Instead of stubbornly sticking to the mental picture I have in mind, I've decided to be more open-minded about things and follow the synchronicity. Rather than expend all my energy going against the currents of my life in order to try and force it to line up with a preset image I had in mind, I will work on being more receptive to the opportunities that present themselves and take life as it comes. Who knows? Life may surprise me, and things might turn out better than I had imagined.

Being the word-nerd that I am, I looked it up online:

syn·chro·nic·i·ty 
n.   pl. syn·chro·nic·i·ties
  1. The state or fact of being synchronous or simultaneous; synchronism.


  2. Coincidence of events that seem to be meaningfully related, conceived in Jungian theory as an explanatory principle on the same order as causality.

     






    An image that comes to mind when I think of synchronicity is that of the labyrinth.





No comments:

Post a Comment