Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Day 27 - January 27, 2010

The buzz in the air today has been about Apple's new tablet/ereader- the iPad.


I was intrigued and slightly disappointed all at once. This product had been built up so much over the past month, and Steve Jobs touted it as the most important contribution he's ever made, that the disappointment of the masses is a given, but it seems like nothing more than a glorified iPod. I felt the pricing excessive, $500 for the base model. I'm not crazy about the name- iPad. I personally preferred something like iSlate. You can't write on the screen with a stylus, which has been basic on Tablet PCs for years. I would not spend  $500 plus an additional $30/month for wi-fi on this device. I'd have to test it out myself to be sure, but I'd rather get a TabletPC for the money that has more storage and more capability. As a mobile device, this product is excellent, but instead of enlarging the iPod, I would of translated the technology of Macbook Air into a tablet and added the stylus/handwriting recognition.

No comments:

Post a Comment